Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

First real public excursion October 2010


Hi, it's me, Flo'.  Here is a picture of me with Daddy at almost 4 months old in Saint Malo, France just starting to use a leash.  As you can see, I'm not much bigger than a thumbnail, but I'm the one on the bottom left of the photo, and obviously, the most important.  We went to one of my human's favourite places inside the ramparts, La Bergamote.  It's a beautiful, family-owned tea room/retaurant (complete selection of Mariage Frères teas) which features delicious hand-made quiches, salads, and of course, the most delectable selection of desserts I've ever gotten to see (but, not have), all in "Texas-sized" portions.  On a sunny day, sit outside on the terrace facing the Saint Malo cathedral.  If you have to wait for your table, go peek inside the stunning cathedral across the street - no, God in France doesn't let dogs inside churches :-(.  If it's raining, inside it's cosy and warm, with great jazz tunes in the background.  NO!  I did not go to the potty on the floor inside the restaurant, even though I was still hard at work mastering the art of "going to the potty outside" in general.  Woo-hoo for me!

If you're ever in Saint Malo, check it out.  But call in advance for reservations (especially for a terrace table, of which there are maybe 3), and to make sure they're open!  They are "good-dog" friendly, otherwise - they wouldn't get my "paws up!"

La Bergamote

3 Place Jean de Châtillon
35400 Saint-Malo

France
+33 (0)2 99 40 28 14

2 comments: